BD theme song
Oldus Fartus
2012-03-20 08:28:24 UTC
He is so fond of talking about people behind their backs, so why not
return the favour?

--
Cheers
Oldus Fartus
Oldus Fartus
2012-03-20 15:00:26 UTC
Post by Oldus Fartus
He is so fond of talking about people behind their backs, so why not
return the favour?
http://youtu.be/nkqfa-kaRFM
His front door
http://tinypic.com/r/2vhxlro/5
--
Cheers
Oldus Fartus
Betty
2012-03-20 15:34:56 UTC
Post by Oldus Fartus
Post by Oldus Fartus
He is so fond of talking about people behind their backs, so why not
return the favour?
http://youtu.be/nkqfa-kaRFM
His front door
http://tinypic.com/r/2vhxlro/5
For real?

I've been looking for the message that was posted a few months back
where his location was revealed when he signed up for a domain name.
It's like looking for a needle in a haystack.

That video was a hoot!

There doesn't seem to be much action this morning, but I've got three of
them filtered so I don't know if they're posting or not.
Oldus Fartus
2012-03-21 00:31:37 UTC
Post by Betty
Post by Oldus Fartus
Post by Oldus Fartus
He is so fond of talking about people behind their backs, so why not
return the favour?
http://youtu.be/nkqfa-kaRFM
His front door
http://tinypic.com/r/2vhxlro/5
For real?
Yep.
Post by Betty
I've been looking for the message that was posted a few months back
where his location was revealed when he signed up for a domain name.
It's like looking for a needle in a haystack.
Keep looking, it is there if you look. I believe it is wrong, even with
him, to bring real life "meat space, onto usenet. That won't stop me
stirring him up though, because I have had his real address for around
two years.

In what seems to be another life, I worked in finance recovery, tracking
down clients who were tardy payers, or who had skipped out on their
payments.

When I first came across BD there was something which seemed a little
odd about him so I "checked him out", and gradually built up a picture
of him. The UK is pretty bad (or good depending on your POV) for the
available information online, so the more he posted innocent information
about his family and story, the closer I got to narrowing down his
likely location.

To make a long story short, eventually I not only was able to get his
home address, but the name of his wife and daughter, the price he paid
for his home, plus the names of the previous owner and his wife. I
already had listings of his last few years Navy career.

Pretty scarey isn't that all this can be available to a stranger, but
fortunately I don't think it would be so easy to get all that
information if he lived somewhere other than the UK.
Oldus Fartus
Betty
2012-03-21 00:56:43 UTC
Post by Oldus Fartus
Post by Betty
Post by Betty
That video was a hoot!
There doesn't seem to be much action this morning, but I've got three of
them filtered so I don't know if they're posting or not.
I only want to check his address to see if matches the one posted today
in a big show down. I just can't remember how many months ago the info
was posted or what thread it was in. I'll find it.

There is a lot of info online in this country too. I was shocked when I
looked for myself and found so much information. I don't like that, and
some of it is incorrect. They still have my husband's corporation listed
and I sometimes get calls for his non-existent business. I think we
should have a right to our own personal info to be kept private. It is
still available for those who need it in the public records, but every
Tom, Dick, and Harry have no need to know everything about us just by
clicking a link.

I can look up tax records here, which was good when I was shopping for a
house, but I'm letting that dream of owning a home slide over the
mountain. I think it's not in my deck of cards. I own a vacant lot south
of Dallas that I've had on the market four times in eight years. I can't
get rid of it to save my soul.
RonNNN
2012-03-21 01:16:08 UTC
Post by Oldus Fartus
Post by Betty
Post by Betty
[...]
I've had my shop now for 12 years come next month and I still get snail mail
for the previous owner, who died over 5 years ago.

I also get calls looking for a previous employee who hasn't worked for me
for over 5 years now.

The snail mail doesn't bother me too much, I just chunk it in the trash can
along with all of the rest of the junk mail, but those phone calls really
piss me off! [g]

I've finally resorted to not answering the phone from unknown area codes
(called ID, you know). At least the time it takes for the phone to ring 25
times means someone else won't get an annoying call until a few minutes
later. I used to just pick up and hang up, but now I just let them "hang
out" for a while!
Betty
2012-03-21 01:36:35 UTC
Post by RonNNN
Post by Betty
Post by Oldus Fartus
Post by Betty
Post by Betty
[...]
I went upstairs last week and began shredding old bills and junk mail. I
only made through part of the stack. It irritates me to death to have to
deal with all that trash. I've got three bags of recycle junk and that
is getting to be a pain too. One reason I quit taking the newspaper is
because it stacked up so fast and I had to deal with loading it in the
truck and taking it to recycle.

I don't get many telemarketers now, but my crazy (poor thing) SIL called
me at 11:30 the other night. I said what are you doing? And she said I
can't see the clock and I didn't know what time it was. That's not it,
she's just lost her mind.
Oldus Fartus
2012-03-21 01:42:13 UTC
Post by Betty
Post by Betty
Post by Betty
That video was a hoot!
There doesn't seem to be much action this morning, but I've got three of
them filtered so I don't know if they're posting or not.
I only want to check his address to see if matches the one posted today
in a big show down. I just can't remember how many months ago the info
was posted or what thread it was in. I'll find it.
No, the two addresses Sycho gave are not correct - I did the same thing
myself and they were two of addresses which were on my shortlist, but it
was only when he mentioned his wife's name that I was able to widen the
search. Think one of your puzzles where you have all the pieces
scattered over the table, but gradually are able to join some of the
pieces together to make a picture. The more the pieces slot together the
easier it gets.

You love a puzzle, so you will get it I'm sure.
Post by Betty
There is a lot of info online in this country too. I was shocked when I
looked for myself and found so much information. I don't like that, and
some of it is incorrect. They still have my husband's corporation listed
and I sometimes get calls for his non-existent business. I think we
should have a right to our own personal info to be kept private. It is
still available for those who need it in the public records, but every
Tom, Dick, and Harry have no need to know everything about us just by
clicking a link.
I agree wholeheartedly.
Post by Betty
I can look up tax records here, which was good when I was shopping for a
house, but I'm letting that dream of owning a home slide over the
mountain. I think it's not in my deck of cards. I own a vacant lot south
of Dallas that I've had on the market four times in eight years. I can't
get rid of it to save my soul.
Is that because of a slipping market, or some other reason?
--
Cheers
Oldus Fartus
Betty
2012-03-21 14:10:14 UTC
[...]
Post by Oldus Fartus
Post by Betty
I can look up tax records here, which was good when I was shopping for a
house, but I'm letting that dream of owning a home slide over the
mountain. I think it's not in my deck of cards. I own a vacant lot south
of Dallas that I've had on the market four times in eight years. I can't
get rid of it to save my soul.
Is that because of a slipping market, or some other reason?
It's because the area is very hilly, heavily treed, and my property is a
steep hill. There is a flat part on top with plenty of room to build a
nice house, if people would be reasonable about the size of house and
number of rooms they need to live comfortably. (Perfect for me if I
could afford to build and knew what I was doing) It's very close to a
lake and huge state park. There are building restrictions, and strict
building codes because the property is part of an escarpment. You have
to get an engineer to drill 20' holes to test the soil (rocky) and you
have to get an engineer to design and oversee the foundation. The lot
should never have been allowed as part of the development. I wish I
could sue the city and county for allowing it and regain all of the
taxes that have been paid, plus what my husband paid for it (cash!) ... Hah!

The trend in Dallas is to build huge houses that cost a lot of money.
For those people the lot would take a special design, and they have no
imagination. Everybody here wants traditional houses that look like
everyone else's house.

There is a huge house across the street from my lot. It's spread all
over the top of a steep hill ... over $500,000 so I can't understand why
my lot will not sell.
Aardvark
2012-03-31 23:52:41 UTC
Post by Oldus Fartus
Post by Betty
Post by Betty
I can look up tax records here, which was good when I was shopping for
a house, but I'm letting that dream of owning a home slide over the
mountain. I think it's not in my deck of cards. I own a vacant lot
south of Dallas that I've had on the market four times in eight years.
I can't get rid of it to save my soul.
Is that because of a slipping market, or some other reason?
Tangential mention of BD's home address. More discussion of on-line
datasecurity.

No fucking hate!!!!! When am I going to find some fucking *HATE*?????
Bring me hate, and plenty of it!!!!!

I don't think there's any hate here.
--
"Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved
in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom
-John Donne (1572-1631)
Aardvark
2012-03-31 23:48:24 UTC
Post by Oldus Fartus
Post by Betty
That video was a hoot!
There doesn't seem to be much action this morning, but I've got three
of them filtered so I don't know if they're posting or not.
Explanation of historical fact which segues into a commentary on
comparative on-line data safety.

Hate? Nope.
-John Donne (1572-1631)
Aardvark
2012-03-31 23:43:39 UTC
Post by Betty
Post by Oldus Fartus
He is so fond of talking about people behind their backs, so why not
return the favour?
http://youtu.be/nkqfa-kaRFM
His front door http://tinypic.com/r/2vhxlro/5
For real?
I've been looking for the message that was posted a few months back
where his location was revealed when he signed up for a domain name.
It's like looking for a needle in a haystack.
That video was a hoot!
There doesn't seem to be much action this morning, but I've got three of
them filtered so I don't know if they're posting or not.
Can't see any hate here. Some facts, an appreciation of a vid, and
another fact.
-John Donne (1572-1631)
Aardvark
-John Donne (1572-1631)
Aardvark
2012-03-31 23:42:05 UTC
Post by Oldus Fartus
He is so fond of talking about people behind their backs, so why not
return the favour?
Seems reasonable and harmless tit-for-tat.
Post by Oldus Fartus
http://youtu.be/nkqfa-kaRFM
BD is, after all, a fucking wanker.

No hate, only fun.