From A Distance
Betty
2012-04-03 13:05:13 UTC
Richard Clayderman - From a distance

Aardvark
2012-04-03 13:27:34 UTC
Post by Betty
Richard Clayderman - From a distance
http://youtu.be/I4KRHWivHjM
LOL. Clayderman- musak extraordinaire.

I recall way back in the eighties TV commercials advertising his albums.
I'm almost sure it was K-Tel selling them.
--
"Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved
in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom
-John Donne (1572-1631)
Betty
2012-04-03 14:14:51 UTC
Post by Aardvark
Post by Betty
Richard Clayderman - From a distance
http://youtu.be/I4KRHWivHjM
LOL. Clayderman- musak extraordinaire.
I recall way back in the eighties TV commercials advertising his albums.
I'm almost sure it was K-Tel selling them.
Okay ... I looked up K-Tel. I sorta remembered the name, but I looked
anyway. It's good music to sleep by. I like the guy.

However ... there is a New Zealand pianist I have followed for several
years by the name of Carl Doy. I have a large collection of his music,
but in Real Audio format. It still sounds good, but not the quality of
MP3. I'm trying to build a new collection to put on my MP3 player.
Ferd Berfle
2012-04-03 13:48:50 UTC
Thanks. Nice version.

I was surprised to hear a Byrds version a few years ago

Speaking of Byrds, have you seen this Roger McGuinn solo?

Turn Turn Turn - full version of solo performance by Roger M

http://youtu.be/I4KRHWivHjM
Betty
2012-04-03 14:05:53 UTC
http://youtu.be/ZAejkh4rTjs
Post by Betty
Richard Clayderman - From a distance
http://youtu.be/I4KRHWivHjM
Hi Ferd! I didn't know you were reading this mess. [g]

I *had* seen that video a while back when I was browsing music. Thanks.
I always liked the Byrds.

That's a good-looking guitar he has.
Ferd Berfle
2012-04-03 16:18:49 UTC
Post by Betty
Richard Clayderman - From a distance
http://youtu.be/I4KRHWivHjM
Hi Ferd! I didn't know you were reading this mess. [g]
Kinda like driving by an auto accident ....... just human nature to slow
down and take a look.
Post by Betty
I *had* seen that video a while back when I was browsing music. Thanks. I
always liked the Byrds.
That's a good-looking guitar he has.
I was fortunate to see him at the NC Museum of Art +/- 2005 in a small
audutorium. Lots of narration between songs and he did perform that one too.

Have you visited his "Folk Den?"
http://www.ibiblio.org/jimmy/folkden-wp/?p=7105
Betty
2012-04-03 16:40:39 UTC
Post by Ferd Berfle
Post by Betty
I *had* seen that video a while back when I was browsing music. Thanks. I
always liked the Byrds.
That's a good-looking guitar he has.
I was fortunate to see him at the NC Museum of Art +/- 2005 in a small
audutorium. Lots of narration between songs and he did perform that one too.
Have you visited his "Folk Den?"
http://www.ibiblio.org/jimmy/folkden-wp/?p=7105
I have now. Thanks, Ferd! "500 Miles" is one of my favorite folk songs.
I downloaded the file since it was there for the taking. The picture of
the train was great too. Reminds of my childhood in the Nevada desert
... living on a Union Pacific section.
Ferd Berfle
2012-04-05 11:49:10 UTC
Post by Ferd Berfle
Post by Betty
I *had* seen that video a while back when I was browsing music. Thanks.
I always liked the Byrds.
That's a good-looking guitar he has.
I was fortunate to see him at the NC Museum of Art +/- 2005 in a small
audutorium. Lots of narration between songs and he did perform that one too.
Have you visited his "Folk Den?"
http://www.ibiblio.org/jimmy/folkden-wp/?p=7105
I have now. Thanks, Ferd! "500 Miles" is one of my favorite folk songs. I
downloaded the file since it was there for the taking. The picture of the
train was great too. Reminds of my childhood in the Nevada desert ...
living on a Union Pacific section.
You welcome. I was trying to think of the town in the NV desert we drove
through.

Turns out it was in AZ.......... Chloride, AZ. It was just off the main road
going from Kingman to Hoover Dam. Drove a large circle from Las Vegas to
Zion Canyon, Brice canyon, North Grand Canyon, Monument Valley, South Grand
Canyon, Painted Desert, Meteor Crater, Sedona, Kingman, back to LV. Amazing
country. Had wanted to go to Canyon Lands too but couldn't fit it all in.

We lived about a mile from the Seaboard Coastline RR line that parallels US
1. In the 50's and early 60's it was one of if not the main line for
north/south rail traffic on the east coast. Used to sleep well to the sounds
of those trains. Once, for Saturday night entertainment, my dad drove my
brothers and me over to watch the Silver Meteor go by on its run from NY, NY
to Miami.
Betty
2012-04-05 15:32:42 UTC
Post by Ferd Berfle
Post by Ferd Berfle
Post by Betty
[...]
I've been through that area a lot. I haven't been to Chloride, but we
went to quite a few ghost towns in the western states. My favorite part
of American history. I have two books on ghost towns of the west, plus a
nice collection of books about buried treasure, gold mining, and that
sort of thing. I also have a few of the WPA books that are very
interesting. They take you on a tour of the states with info on each
town and the history of the areas you're driving through.

I love Sedona. One of the most beautiful places I've been. I'd move
there if it wasn't so expensive.

I love Monument Valley even more and would like to be scattered there
when I bite the dust, but since it's a Navajo Reservation, they might
not like that and who's going to scatter me? [g]

We rented a car in Vegas once and drove over to Kingman so my husband
could buy some turquoise (he sold it as a hobby sideline). The car broke
down, thankfully in the parking lot of a cafe with a bunch of truckers
inside. We hitched a ride back to Vegas in an 18 wheeler. The guy was
crazy! He drove through Hoover Dam at breakneck speed and I was hanging
on for dear life. If you remember, after you get through the dam the
road toward Vegas has a lot of curves through the mountains (unless it's
been straightened). I was so relieved to get out of that truck!
~BD~
2012-04-06 10:31:17 UTC
Post by Betty
Post by Ferd Berfle
Post by Betty
Post by Ferd Berfle
Post by Betty
[...]
I have! Here's me in Chloride Jail! Loading Image...

I expect you'll say you something like - should have stayed there! :-)
Post by Betty
went to quite a few ghost towns in the western states. My favorite part
of American history. I have two books on ghost towns of the west, plus a
nice collection of books about buried treasure, gold mining, and that
sort of thing. I also have a few of the WPA books that are very
interesting. They take you on a tour of the states with info on each
town and the history of the areas you're driving through.
I love Sedona. One of the most beautiful places I've been.
I agree with that! :-)
Post by Betty
I'd move there if it wasn't so expensive.
I love Monument Valley even more and would like to be scattered there
when I bite the dust, but since it's a Navajo Reservation, they might
not like that and who's going to scatter me? [g]
We rented a car in Vegas once and drove over to Kingman so my husband
could buy some turquoise (he sold it as a hobby sideline). The car broke
down, thankfully in the parking lot of a cafe with a bunch of truckers
inside. We hitched a ride back to Vegas in an 18 wheeler. The guy was
crazy! He drove through Hoover Dam at breakneck speed and I was hanging
on for dear life. If you remember, after you get through the dam the
road toward Vegas has a lot of curves through the mountains (unless it's
been straightened). I was so relieved to get out of that truck!
You'll recognise this, then! Loading Image...

I wish you a very Happy Easter.
--
Dave - We do have one or two things in common, Betty!